Shop Foreman/Custom Cabinet Mfg Featured
Shasta Wood Products, Inc.
3383 Pacific Trail
$50,000 + DOE year
Shasta Wood Products, Inc., is a custom cabinet and millwork company located in Shasta County, near Redding, in beautiful Northern California. Our reputation for quality work has contributed to our success in the exclusive custom home market and commercial industry for over 30 years. We are looking to add a key member to our management team and are seeking a knowledgeable, experienced Shop Foreman to coordinate our manufacturing and production operation.
Candidates must be proficient in the ability to direct the work of others, make quick, decisive decisions and be able to see the “big picture” at all times. The ideal applicant will have a solid background in a casework and/or manufacturing environment and possess strong leadership skills and a keen awareness of time management. Wage and bonuses will be commensurate with experience, ability, and performance. Reimbursement of relocation expenses to be provided if references are confirmed.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage the work activities of 15 to 20 employees and participate in recruiting, hiring, mentoring and training of employees as needed.
- Maintain the resources necessary for manufacturing our products while adhering to cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Provide training required to improve production and quality of workmanship, while adhering to all project schedules, adjusting as necessary due to personnel availability, other schedule changes, or the availability of supplies.
- Coordinate and supervise daily tasks of staff according to priorities and plans and delegate responsibilities and individual projects to others as needed while providing for adequate resources and staffing to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws and project schedules.
- Work with Safety Manager to promote the safe use of tools, machinery, and equipment and the proper use of safety gear.
- This position requires the ability to effectively mediate and resolve any miscommunications or conflicts between staff when the occasion arises.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and applicable labor laws is useful.
- Must be punctual and able to work 40-hours a week with occasional OT and weekend work.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or certification in a skilled trade.
- Four (4) years of experience as casework/manufacturing Foreman.
- Extensive knowledge of machinery and equipment as well as their use and maintenance.
- Knowledge of construction best practices and OSH guidelines.
- Ability to read shop drawings/plans/blueprints and convey this information accurately to others.
- Excellent organizational and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Be in good physical condition, able to lift and load 50 lbs. repeatedly, and have stamina.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.