JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
WORK YEAR: Full time: 7.5 hours per day/12 Months/ 260 Days (pro-rated upon hire)
START DATE: July 1, 2020
SALARY: Salary Schedule 6A, Range 14, $18.45 - $27.26 per hour. Placement dependent on experience. Stipend pay for Associate's $250 annually, or Bachelor's $400 annually, or Master's $750 annually, or Doctorate $1,000 annually.
AREA OF BASES
ASSIGNMENT: Oroville, CA
BENEFITS: Generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee and dependents. Vacation and sick leave accrued. Employer-paid life insurance. This position qualifies for CalPERS retirement.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1299871
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled; to receive full consideration, please
apply by May 27, 2020
Under general supervision of assigned manager, employee(s) in this classification perform a variety of complex and responsible clerical and basic accounting duties.
Positions at this level perform a variety of complex and responsible clerical duties, basic accounting duties and maintenance of records and files.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: [May include, but is not limited to the following.]
1. Provide responsible clerical support to assigned managers
2. Coordinate meeting activities, including room and food arrangements, contacting and monitoring contracts with presenters, designing flyers and tracking financial procedures to ensure presenters and facilities are paid
3. Make appointments, maintain appointment schedules and calendars; make travel arrangements
Please note: You may be required to take a written exam. The date is to be determined. Please check in at 1859 Bird Street, Oroville, CA. Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of time. Applicants that pass the test are not guaranteed advancement in the selection.
4. Compose, under general direction or from oral instructions, note or rough draft a variety of materials including interoffice communications, work orders, forms, letters, memoranda, bulletins, charts, flyers, brochures; review and proofread a variety of documents
5. Order, receive and distribute a variety of supplies and equipment; maintain levels of inventory as required. Obtain information on prices of material, equipment and supplies
6. Provide back-up support to other office staff
7. Take minutes at meetings as needed
8. May arrange for substitutes as needed
9. Gather, organize and prepare information for reports
10. Create and maintain a variety of files and records; including databases, forms, reports, mailing lists and correspondence
11. Monitor, verify, balance and adjust accounts; post, assemble and tabulate accounts or budgets as required; collect cash, record transactions and deposit monies as required
12. Prepare, code, distribute and file purchase orders and invoices
13. Explain County Office and school policies and procedures in person or by phone
14. Migrant Education and Mini-Corps incumbents may be required to communicate in a specific second language, including composing and preparing correspondence and translation
15. Perform receptionist duties; screen calls and visitors and refer inquiries to appropriate personnel
16. Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
1. Basic accounting and advanced recordkeeping principles and procedures using modern office equipment and software
2. Learn and understand the organization and operation of the department and how to contact & interact with outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities
3. Establish and maintain filing systems
4. Perform basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately using a calculator
5. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
6. Business letter writing techniques
7. Use modern office technology. Must possess intermediate computer skills and have the ability to learn and use various software programs
8. Type accurately at a minimum of 50 words per minute with a maximum of 3 errors
9. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
10. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
11. Perform requirements of the job with reasonable accommodation
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
14. Under general direction, compose routine correspondence
15. Understanding of and the ability to compile and maintain financial and database records and independently prepare general financial, statistical and narrative records, files and reports
16. May be required to communicate in a specific second language, including composing and preparing correspondence and translation when working for the Migrant Education and Mini Corps programs
17. Coordinate meeting or conference arrangements
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
High School diploma or equivalent and experience that indicates possession of the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties listed above, including two (2) years responsible clerical office experience or completion of specialized clerical courses or certified secretarial program and one (1) year responsible clerical office experience.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Seeing to read a variety of materials
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects up to 25 pounds
• Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to shelve and retrieve materials
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: This list of essential functions and physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED (and completed upon offer of employment)
TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1299871
Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online applications must be accompanied by the following attachments; (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
• Cover Letter
• Three (3) letters of recommendation required, current letters preferred
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Handicapped IX Employer Deaf individuals may use the toll-free California Relay Service (CRS). If you have a TTY: (530) 532-5650. If you do not have a TTY: 1-800-735-2922. Upon CRS connection, ask for 530-532-5785 for more information about this recruitment.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.