Western Weather Group
686 Rio Lindo Avenue,
- Weather Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing scientific and meteorological company based in Chico, California. Founded in 2005, Weather Group provides products and services to a wide range of customers and industries that help them minimize their weather risks. Visit www.westernweathergroup.com for additional information about our customers and the services we provide.
Position: Bookkeeper/Accountant (Full-Time, 40 hrs. per week with Benefits)
Western Weather Group is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper /Accountant to manage the accounting and finance requirements. Primary responsibilities include accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank deposits, reconciliations, sales tax, and other finance related duties. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position must have at least 2 years of experience working with QuickBooks. The candidate must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word and capable of learning other software programs utilized within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate financial records utilizing QuickBooks
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Manage credit card payments
- Coordinate vendor payments utilizing their systems
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reconcile accounts
- Resolve discrepancies within the books
- Develop monthly financial statements
- Prepare California sales tax returns
- Create reports to support the management team
- Scan, file and mail accounting documents
- Other office administration duties as needed
- Competitive health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- 401k retirement account with matching funds
- Paid time off and ten paid company holidays per year
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Salary based upon experience and qualifications
Required Job Qualifications:
- Two to three years of proven accounting/bookkeeping experience in QuickBooks
- B.S. from an accredited college in accounting or extended work experience
- Self-motivated learner with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Western Weather Group is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated employee with finance and accounting skills to join our team!
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.